A family recipe that will surprise you with a little curry flavor.
1 large bag of frozen broccoli – do not skimp
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Pepper to taste
1 can condensed Campbell’s cream of chicken soup 1 can condensed Campbell’s cream of Celery soup 1 cup mayonnaise – half that amount if you like
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
3 or more shakes of Tabasco
1 heaping cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese that you shred 3/4 cup bread crumbs
4 tablespoons of butter
Pam for the casserole dish
2 tablespoons olive oil to cook chicken
- Preheat the over to 350°.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave and drain, if necessary.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half and then into bite sized pieces.
- Sauté chicken in pan – doing only a little at a time so that it will brown.
- Sprinkle one side with pepper as they cook, but do not add any salt as the recipe is salty enough with the soups.
- Remove to a plate as the batches are done.
- In a bowl stir the soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Tabasco, and curry powder together until thoroughly mixed.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs until they are coated with butter.
- Spray your baking dish with Pam, or coat with more butter, and then layer the casserole in this order from bottom to top:
- Broccoli, chicken, mixed wet ingredients, cheese, buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling hot. Let it sit for a few minutes before you dig in, or you will burn your mouth and be going “Hassafrassahassahassa” at the table.