A quick and easy recipe from “Simple: The Easiest Cookbook in the World“, by Jean- Francois Mallet. This is perfect for a quick meal at the end of a hard day.
4 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons peanut oil
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/3 cup peanuts, toasted and lightly chopped 6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
4 green onions, diced
Iceberg, or other lettuce
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat, until it is shimmering.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the pieces are cooked
- Toast the peanuts in the oven on 350 for about 10 minutes, or until toasted. Then chop lightly so that there are still some large pieces left.
- Add the soy sauce and peanut butter to the chicken, reduce the heat, stir and simmer for a few minutes.
- Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces and arrange in a large serving dish.
- Spoon the chicken and sauce over the lettuce, top with the toasted peanuts, and green onions.