Cute little meringue kisses that melt in your mouth…literally.
1 Cup Sugar
4 Egg Whites
1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Separate the eggs, saving the egg yolks for something else.
- Pour the egg whites into a mixer, and add the 1/8 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar.
- Beat on medium high until the egg whites form a peak but aren’t dry.
- Slowly add the sugar, and continue beating until you are out of sugar.
- Add the Vanilla Extract, and beat for about 10 more seconds.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet. You can make fancy little kisses, or spoon little blobs. It won’t matter. They will all be delicious.
- Place in oven, and immediately turn the oven off. Let sit, undisturbed, for at least 1 1/2 hours, or preferably over night. Store in an airtight container.
- If stored uncovered, and they get soft, a few minutes in a 200 degree oven will dry them back out perfectly.
- To color them, stir a few dropof food coloring into them with a wooden spoon until throughly mixed. If you want more than one color, you will need to separate the meringue into separate containers before adding the food coloring.